Get the Inside IT Scoop with JDL Technologies' Network Services Engineer, Jose Gonzalez:
1) Many people are mystified by networking, how do you describe what you do?
Wireless in itself is mystifying, you expect to work, but can't see it. When it doesn't work right, you can't see why. JDL can see why with our in depth training and equipment all of our engineers have to view the radio frequency (RF) spectrum. We design, and plan the optimum wireless deployment for the business to integrate with other wired technologies. In addition we evaluate vendor products, security testing, and so on.
2) What common mistakes do you find with business owners’ concepts of networking?
IT administrators incorrectly assume that they can string together Enterprise Wireless solutions by purchasing off the store shelf equipment.
3) How does Network Services make an impact from day one in a business?
Reliable, dependent mobility throughout your organization.
4) Living IT on a daily basis as a profession and interest, what sites do you follow to keep up to date or up to the last tweet?
5) What was your first piece of technology?
First piece of technology. - Color Computer 3, no storage - I wrote my programs in TRS Color Basic, sometimes keeping the system on for days so I didn't lose my work. I eventually got a tape storage device, which was exactly that, a typical 80's cassette tape to store programs on! It was very exciting!